- Zig-zag sewing machine (Oiled and clean, open toe embroidery foot if you have one, amaller needle such as 70/10, 75/11 needle, extra bobbins if you buy a kit!)
- Size 75/11 machine needles
- Small, pointy, sharp scissors
- Paper scissors
- Pencil, Sharpie, White pencil
- darning foot or other free-motion quilting foot for your machine
- extension cord, lamp
- light box
- applique Scissors, pinking shears
- pressing surface, mini iron, rotary cutter, cutting mat
Lyric will provide one design for every student and have additional designs available for $1.00 each.
Buy a Kit from Lyric ($25) no need to reserve a kit in advance
OR Bring the Following:
- 1/2 yd Wonder-Under or other fusible web that is “sewable” (not heavy-weight W-U)
- One fat quarter of dark or light plain fabric
- One fat quarter of fabric that contrasts highly with your first fabric
- One fat quarter fabric for back of quilt
- Batting., two fat quarters
I prefer on piece of Quilters Dream Puff and one Hobbs Heirloom Cotton.
- 1/2 yd light weight tear away stabilizer
- Lightweight thread to match fabrics.
If your top fabric is patterned, match thread to it’s darkest color.